Timothy McGovern has 18 years of legal experience. Throughout his career, Tim has focused his practice on litigation of maritime, transportation and commercial matters. Before joining Floyd Zadkovich, Tim spent 8 years with a mid-sized litigation firm in Chicago. He has argued cases before the federal courts of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota, along with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and the Illinois Supreme Court.
Prior to his legal career, Tim worked hands-on in the maritime industry, serving as a U.S. Coast Guard licensed master of passenger vessels on Lake Michigan.
Tim is based in our Chicago office and serves clients throughout the Great Lakes and Midwestern United States.
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- US District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Bar of the State of Illinois
- Juris Doctorate, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- U.S.C.G. Master’s license (inactive)
- Adjunct Professor of Admiralty Law, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Proctor Member of the Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Associate Member of the Passenger Vessel Association
- Past-President of the Propeller Club for the Port of Chicago