Luke F. Zadkovich
I practise law as the pursuit of solutions. Clients understandably want clear answers to complicated problems. Often that requires creative thinking, substantively and procedurally. The stimulating part for me is working through those challenges, coming up with possible solutions and delivering on our strategies. In my experience, the lawyer must create a rock-solid relationship of trust and confidence with clients, through open communication, dedication and excellent performance, to ensure this problem-solving process is successful.
Luke Zadkovich has 16 years of private practice and in-house legal experience. Before our firm’s launch, Luke spent 7 years as an English solicitor in the International Trade and Energy Group of a leading international shipping law firm in London, advising on a full range of complex commodities trading, shipping and commercial cases/projects. Most recently, Luke was a senior claims executive at a major IG P&I and FDD Club based in the US office, having spent 2.5 years there, with secondments to the Club’s head office in London and to a leading Canadian shipowner. Prior to these roles, Luke worked for 6.5 years in Australian law firms (insurance – professional and financial institution lines, construction, personal injury and employment).
“Luke Zadkovich is very bright, thoughtful and hardworking.” (Legal 500 – Edition 2020)
- Supreme Court of England and Wales
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Bar of the State of New York, USA
- Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- Master of Laws (with Merit), Kings College London, England – international business law; dissertation on electronic trading / bills of lading.
- Post-graduate shipping law course, University of Swansea, Wales
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law, Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Wollongong, Australia (see recent Alumni profile)
- Bachelor of Arts (with Distinction), University of Wollongong, Australia
- New York City Bar – Admiralty Committee member (2015-2017)
- Maritime Law Association of USA – member
- Active in various International Steel Trading Association and London Metals Exchange events
- Regular presenter, contributor and author on legal cases, updates and issues in our firm’s specialty areas